Massage therapy is an effective technique for releasing tension and restoring balance to the musculoskeletal system.
It has been practiced and present for centuries with the first possible evidence of its use dated as far back as BC 2330.
Massage therapy is the manipulation of superficial and deeper layers of muscle and connective tissue using various techniques, to enhance function, aid in the healing process, decrease muscle over activity and promote relaxation and wellbeing. As well as the numerous physiological benefits, massage can help to reduce stress, anxiety, enhancing self-esteem and improving overall wellbeing.
Key benefits to massage therapy:
• Restores muscle length and balance to your musculoskeletal system
• Reduces tension in tissue associated with pain
• Improve muscle strength around joints
• Improves joint mobility
• Improves sports performance and reduces prevalence of injuries
• Improves wellbeing and reduces stress
• Boosts circulation, fluid drainage and removal of toxins
There are many forms of massage therapy however our staff are trained in the techniques commonly known as:
Deep tissue & trigger point therapy
Sports massage therapy